Pam BeitlichDNP, ARNP, R.N., NEA-BC Contact Pam Beitlich
Pam’s comprehensive hospital background gives Pam an immediate in with any healthcare group interested in creating positive change. Transformational leadership is an area of expertise she is especially passionate about. She strongly believes the healthcare leader of today must have expert communication skills to build interprofessional relationships and must be open to feedback aimed at helping them continually improve.
With more than 35 years of experience in patient care, medical staff relations, and nursing administration, Pam is a talented speaker and facilitator who adds instant credibility and value to every presentation she delivers. Pam began in 2000 as one of the first coaches for Huron | Studer Group, making her a longtime staff member. Her achievements as a coach include the kind of results that make people sit up and listen, raising patient and staff satisfaction while reducing turnover and improving quality metrics. She has worked with single hospitals and large systems, enjoying the challenges of both. As a full-time executive director at Sarasota Memorial Health Care System in Florida, Pam assisted in their Magnet designation. She thrives on leading a team day-to-day, as well as working with high-performing Huron clients, where she believes in using the power of humor and fun to create a positive learning experience. Pam is consistently described as “genuine” and “walking the talk on a daily basis.” Pam is especially comfortable working with senior leaders, physicians, and nurses to align their goals and behavior to achieve service and operational excellence. Known for her passionate commitment to nursing, Pam is driven by assisting the next generation of nurse leaders to reach their potential and push outcomes in staff engagement, accountability, and patient safety. She is especially adept at molding her presentation style to groups of any size. Her skill as a speaker enables her to keep groups engaged from the first word to the last.
Areas of Expertise
- Organizational Transformation
- Member, American Organization for Nursing Leadership
- Member, Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric, Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN)
- Board member and recipient of Mission Award, Healthy Start Coalition of Sarasota County
- Community leader and steering committee member, First 1000 Days Suncoast
- Board member and recipient of Excellence in Nursing Leadership Award, Florida Organization of Nurse Executives (FONE)
- Co-chair of statewide legislative committee, FONE
- Member, Florida Perinatal Quality Collaborative (FPQC), USF Health
- Alumni and recipient of Lifetime of Leadership Award, Leadership Sarasota
- Member, Sarasota Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Sigma Theta Tau International
- Suncoast Nursing Action Coalition (SNAC)
- SNAC Co-Chair, Communications Team
Education & Certifications
- Doctor of Healthcare, Health Care Leadership, Florida State University
- M.S., Nursing, University of South Florida
- B.S., Nursing, Goshen College
Speaking Topics List
- Alignment and Accountability
- Change Management and Leadership
- Employee Attraction and Engagement
- Executive Leadership
- Organizational Culture
- Resilience and Well-Being
- Patient and Consumer Experience
- High-Reliability Organization (HRO)
- Physician Alignment and Engagement
- Quality and Safety
- Strategy and Innovation
Words Matter in Healthcare
This session describes the power of using AIDET® and "key words at key times" when delivering care to a patient and their family. Learn how to methodically model and deploy this important Must Haves® behavioral tactic in your organization.
- Articulate the foundational concepts of using key words to narrate care for patients and their families.
- Describe the five fundamentals of effective communication through AIDET® (acknowledge, introduce, duration, explanation and thank you) and service recovery.
- Describe three ways to coach, validate, and hold staff accountable for using key words at key times.
Quality in Healthcare: Are We There Yet?
This session examines the evolving “equation and definition” of value in the healthcare marketplace. It is designed for organizations aspiring to be highly reliable and competitively positioned.
- Articulate the value equation, as defined by the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA).
- Define four characteristics of highly reliable organizations.
- Understand four overarching foundational strategies for high-performing healthcare organizations, as defined by the National Academy of Medicine (formerly called the Institute of Medicine).
- Learn tactics to position your organization for value in an ever-changing marketplace.
How to Have the Tough Conversations in Healthcare
Coaching staff to higher levels of performance is one of the most important skill sets a leader must have. No one ever said leading was easy or comfortable, especially when a critical conversation needs to occur. This interactive session will provide practical strategies to help you become a more effective communicator, as well as provide hands-on practice in conflict management.
- Articulate the patient safety communication challenges within the current healthcare environment.
- List evidence-based benefits for building a culture of safety with effective communication.
- Describe incivility in the workplace and its negative impacts.
- Demonstrate setting expectations and delivering difficult messages.
All I can say about yesterday’s Leadership Development Institute (LDI) is WOW! For the first time, someone didn’t just give me the ‘how,’ but also the ‘why.’ What an incredible difference! I tossed and turned most of the night and finally got up at 3 a.m. this morning and immediately went to my desk to review my notes and feverishly starting typing my thoughts and ideas. I have not been this pumped up in at least 10 years! (As my grandfather would say, ‘You have awoken the bear.’) I’m finally able to cross the barrier from building a résumé to building a legacy.”
Pam is great, but she was REALLY great as it related to our goals. She heard everything we said in our prep calls and didn’t miss a single detail in her presentation. Her segment provided some of the best evaluation remarks we have ever seen.”
One of the best and most timely speakers I have ever heard. A true message from the heart. Thank you. She was very genuine, engaging, funny and motivating.”
Please note that testimonials or endorsements found on this website do not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of any services provided by Huron. Prospective clients may not obtain the same or similar results.
Available to Purchase
Best sellers, leadership development, team development, patient and employee engagement, and more.Visit Our Amazon Bookstore
Learn more about Huron's experts.Learn More
Join Our Talent CommunityLearn More