Kristie TobiasMHA Contact Kristie Tobias
Kristie Tobias is a certified consultant, national speaker, and author specializing in change management and leadership, diversity, equity, inclusion, employee engagement, patient and customer experience, leadership development, business optimization, and financial improvement. She has a background in human resources and organizational development and nearly 20 years of consulting and leadership experience.
Kristie has created change leadership curriculum and leadership development workshops that have provided professional development for thousands of employees and leaders primarily focused within healthcare and utility-based industry. She excels at bridging communication and relationship gaps at all levels of leadership to create high-performing organizations of effective and proactive change competency, high employee engagement, and reduced turnover results. Kristie leads Huron’s Black Alliance Strategic Initiatives Committee and Huron’s diversity, equity, and inclusion program. She prioritizes building inclusive environments within Huron and strategic client partnerships, including facilitating unconscious bias workshops and trainings and moderating discussions on improving education related to health equity and inclusive educational opportunities within historically diverse universities and medical programs.
Kristie lives in Atlanta, Georgia, and serves on several nonprofit boards. She provides pro bono speaking and business advisement for small businesses and has served as an adviser for the mayor of Pensacola, Florida. Kristie developed her own brand focused on change leadership and mentorship and released her first book, podcast, and streaming series, all titled “Fearlessly Made You.”
Areas of Expertise
- Business Operations
- Care Transformation
- Digital Technology and Analytics
- Organizational Transformation
- Strategy and Innovation
- Member, American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
Education & Certifications
- Prosci Certified Change Management Practitioner (PCCP)
- Healthcare Financial Management Association Certified Revenue Cycle Representative (HFMA CRCR)
- Management by Strengths Certified Trainer
- MHA, Winston-Salem State University
- B.A., Communication with a pre-medicine concentration, Wake Forest University
Speaking Topics List
- Alignment and Accountability
- Change Management and Leadership
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Employee Attraction and Engagement
- Executive Leadership
- Organizational Culture
- Resilience and Well-Being
- Patient and Consumer Experience
- Physician Alignment and Engagement
- Quality and Safety
- Strategy and Innovation
Change Management and Leadership
To succeed in an ever-changing healthcare environment, leaders must be equipped with the right tools to operate as a successful team. Kristie will share how to break down silos within organizations to develop an environment of improved teamwork and guide leaders on a more cohesive approach to organizational change.
- Leaders will learn how to break down silos within their organization by identifying what brings them value and how those values intersect with their peers.
- Implement tools and strategies to foster teamwork and apply those tools to realistic case studies that focus on managing change in the healthcare and business environment.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Social and racial injustice are ever-present in our society. It is important that we understand how to build a proactive understanding of the impact of racial and social injustice on our professional lives, personal lives, organizations, and communities we serve. Kristie will work with you on understanding how to build a platform of advocacy to foster a pathway for change during these turbulent times.
- Develop a foundational understanding of racial and social and inequity.
- Understand how to own your feelings around bias and prejudice.
- Learn how to build your own self-advocacy when advancing the work of social injustice.
The Evidence-Based Leadership℠ framework aligns goals, behaviors, and processes that are proven to drive sustained organizational performance. Kristie will introduce a standardized approach to leadership development. She will encourage leaders to enhance their skills through tools, strategies, and best practices to foster a culture of excellence.
- Describe the Evidence-Based Leadership℠ framework, the Nine Principles®, and the Must Haves® that drive improved organizational performance.
- Implement Evidence-Based Leadership goals, behaviors, and processes to enhance leadership skills and build a culture of teamwork.
This discussion helped me challenge my way of thinking, which is essential to remain ahead of the game.”
We don't have so much cultural diversity, but great on our unconscious bias. Would like ideas for bias for different departments as well.”
Really enjoyed this presentation. I provide training on cultural diversity and competency and oversee our programs for special populations at my organization, so the information shared was very useful.”
Please note that testimonials or endorsements found on this website do not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of any services provided by Huron. Prospective clients may not obtain the same or similar results.
Available to Purchase
Best sellers, leadership development, team development, patient and employee engagement, and more.Visit Our Amazon Bookstore
Learn more about Huron's experts.Learn More
Join Our Talent CommunityLearn More