Jackie GainesContact Jackie Gaines
Jackie Gaines is a high-performing senior executive with a progressive career encompassing more than 40 years of sustained leadership and accomplishments with major health systems and organizations. With passion, creative energy, and vision, she motivates diverse groups of people toward success. Jackie specializes in providing guidance to executive leadership.
Jackie has dedicated most of her career to the advancement of quality healthcare programs throughout the United States, particularly those focused on the care of the poor and underserved. Jackie travels all over the country, telling her story and sharing the leadership lessons learned throughout her career. She also continues to give back to the community by serving on numerous boards and task forces.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Operations
- Care Transformation
- Organizational Transformation
- Strategy and Innovation
- Member, American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
- Member, National Association of Health Services Executives (NAHSE)
Education & Certifications
- M.S., Primary Healthcare/Healthcare Administration, University of Maryland
- B.S., Nursing, University of Maryland School of Nursing
Speaking Topics List
- Alignment and Accountability
- Change Management and Leadership
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Employee Attraction and Engagement
- Executive Leadership
- Organizational Culture
- Resilience and Well-Being
- Patient and Consumer Experience
- Physician Alignment and Engagement
- Strategy and Innovation
Wait a Hot Minute: Maximizing Your Leadership Minutes
This session will offer tips on how you can maximize your minutes by focusing on high-payoff activities that decrease the number of time robbers compromising effectiveness, job satisfaction, and your well-being.
- Offer tips on how you can maximize your minutes by focusing on high-payoff activities that decrease the number of time robbers compromising effectiveness, job satisfaction, and your well-being.
- Offer insights on rising above the impact the pandemic has had on our time and well-being on and off the job and implications for leading teams.
Operational Agility & Organizational Excellence
Adjustments to your strategic priorities, fiscal health, and service/staffing structure are required to successfully overcome hardship and create a financially sustainable model for the future.
- Offer an overview of the why, what, and how of leaders executing strategic agility in healthcare.
- Discuss a balanced approach to strategic agility and consistency in driving organizational results.
- Describe two examples to put into practice:
- Change in organizational structure
- Cost-benefit analysis for evaluating the risk of agility
Boards Leading for the Future
The pandemic has reignited a sense of purpose and mission among boards to reenvision the organization's strategic direction. In light of the recent disruption, board members are taking the opportunity to reflect on learnings from the COVID-19 experience to better guide their organization's mission and vision into the future. This session will equip board members and CEOs with practical approaches to reset and advance the board's priorities for more significant organizational impact. Participants will explore topics such as:
- Future growth strategies, including the acceleration toward virtual health and the impact on long-term capital allocation plans.
- Board and leadership succession planning.
- The workforce of the future, including supporting hybrid work and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Board effectiveness, including clarifying roles and responsibilities and building the board of the future.
- Identify governance focus areas that have surfaced during the pandemic and will have lasting impact on the future of organizations and the community.
- Describe practical tools and approaches boards can use to increase their effectiveness in providing strategic direction in key areas.
I have heard many positive comments from attendees regarding both the content and your passion for excellence and leader accountability! As you are aware, we have struggled to hardwire many of the behaviors and accountability tools. You were able to connect the EBL framework and LEM to the leaders’ everyday work. An ah-ha moment for a number of leaders was your suggestion that leaders not only share their LEM goals with others, but to consider collaborating as the goals and 90-Day Plans are developed. This recommendation alone will likely inspire leaders to approach this work with a different mindset and to make the work more public. We all heard your message that "LEM isn’t just another box to check or thing to do; it IS THE THING YOU DO as a leader!" Thank you for exceeding our expectations and contributing to our organizational success!”
Jackie was great! I think everyone took something from her presentation that they could use right away. I really think it was our best LDI yet, a good combination of review and new topics.”
Jackie inspired me in ways I could not have dreamed possible and supported us when our health system went through some major changes, including my immediate area. Jackie not only provided exceptional coaching to our leadership, but she genuinely cared about us as people. Had it not been for Jackie, I would have quit. I was ready to, but she encouraged me to hold on. She was my rock when I did not have any support.”
Please note that testimonials or endorsements found on this website do not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of any services provided by Huron. Prospective clients may not obtain the same or similar results.
Available to Purchase
Best sellers, leadership development, team development, patient and employee engagement, and more.Visit Our Amazon Bookstore
Learn more about Huron's experts.Learn More
Join Our Talent CommunityLearn More