Stephen DarrCPA, CIRA, CDBV Contact Stephen Darr
Stephen has more than 30 years of experience providing accounting, auditing and financial advisory services to organizations experiencing financial and operating difficulties. His work spans multiple industries, including law and professional services, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, energy, automotive, real estate and construction, mortgages and derivatives, telecommunications and manufacturing and distribution.
Stephen has more than three decades of experience helping organizations across industries navigate complex accounting, auditing and financial management issues. He has also provided litigation support and expert testimony in bankruptcy and non-bankruptcy matters involving preference and fraudulent conveyance actions, professional liability claims, patent infringement, royalty and intellectual property disputes, construction claims, wrongful employment discharge and lender liability and business tort claims.
He has testified in U.S. bankruptcy court proceedings in states across the East Coast on a wide range of bankruptcy matters, including business plan feasibility, debtor-in-possession financing, substantive consolidation issues, cash collateral arrangements, valuation, reorganization tax issues and key employee retention plans.
Throughout his career, Stephen has:
- Served as the chief restructuring officer for a pharmaceutical company, overseeing all operational activity.
- Served as the chief financial officer for two series of investment trusts investing in collateralized debt obligations in excess of $4 billion, successfully directing initial public offerings for both funds.
- Directed a publicly held manufacturer for approximately 15 months, negotiating settlements between the majority and minority shareholders, developing confidential offering memorandum and sale procedures and eventually negotiating the sale of company.
Prior to joining Huron, Stephen held leadership roles at Mesirow Financial, KPMG and EY. He is a fellow in the American College of Bankruptcy.
Areas of Expertise
- Commercial Dispute Advisory
- Financial Services
- Energy and Utilities
- Industrials and Manufacturing
- Technology Media and Telecommunications
- Transportation and Logistics
Education & Certifications
- MBA, University of Chicago
- BBA, Boston College
- Certified Public Accountant, Massachusetts, New Hampshire
- Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor
- Certification in Financial Forensics
- Certification in Distressed Business Valuation
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) series 7, 24, 79 licenses
Learn more about Huron's experts.Learn More
Join Our Talent CommunityLearn More