Dan NewmanContact Dan Newman
Dan has more than 20 years of experience in healthcare as a clinician and leader in both for-profit and nonprofit sectors. He helps healthcare institutions increase revenue and improve quality of care, patient experience, and employee and physician engagement.
Achieving breakthrough outcomes is only possible through exceptional collaboration.”
Dan brings experience leading healthcare organizations through systems integration and operational transformation, strategic direction and priorities, physician recruitment and partnership, organizational change management, and business process improvement. He applies a data-centric approach and lean management principles to drive organizational results.
During his career, Dan has:
- Led a system project readiness initiative for a leading hospital system in Texas, resulting in $66 million in recurring benefits and $20 million in one-time benefits.
- Led the integration of an acquired hospital into an existing hospital system, improving the quality of patient care to the top decile nationally and raising the hospital’s Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade from a C to an A.
- Achieved employee engagement at or above the 98th percentile for three consecutive years for a nonprofit hospital.
- Improved the commercial payor mix year over year with a 10% compounded growth in equivalent admissions for six consecutive years for a Texas hospital.
- Reduced the length of stay by 24% (1.2 days) in under a year.
Prior to joining Huron, Dan served as senior vice president and CEO of Houston Methodist Clear Lake Hospital. In this role, Dan doubled net revenue between 2015 and 2021, achieved the 98th percentile for employee engagement, and achieved quality of care and patient experience levels at the top decile nationally. Dan has also taught as an adjunct professor with the University of Houston Clear Lake Healthcare Administration program.
Dan holds a bachelor’s degree in occupational therapy from the University of South Alabama and a master’s degree in health administration from Tulane University.
Dan is involved in his community and is both a board member and the chair for the League City Regional Chamber of Commerce for League City, Texas. He has been a fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE) since 2011. Dan received the George B. Carlisle Distinguished Service Award from the Clear Creek Education Foundation in 2021.
Areas of Expertise
- Acquisitions and Partnerships
- Business Operations
- Mergers Acquisitions and Partnerships
- Performance Improvement
- Strategic Planning
Learn more about Huron's experts.Learn More
Join Our Talent CommunityLearn More